The drive up to the border of Botswana, or least close to the border, felt like a proper road trip and while it is something we often do for destination weddings, it was our first time in the area and in between long conversations and google searches about mining companies and geography, we felt excited to not only shoot at such a beautiful venue as Bordeaux Game Farm, but to meet up with these two incredible people again.
We met Liza for the first time along with her sister, Liani, for her own wedding 3 years ago and have fallen in love with their family from day one. Three inseparable and strong sisters with the biggest love for their dad – this is Liza and her family. We started the Friday evening with a boma braai at the venue and from there the weekend almost felt like a getaway as we enjoyed our time with Liza, Jacques and their best people! Their wedding was one that we will likely never forget… Liza’s energy and confidence is contagious and her love for Jacques is electric!
We also had the privilege to work with the creative talents of Absolute Perfection as well as celebrate their wedding at the stunning Bordeaux, a place that was created and built with so much character, ambience and romance as well as incredible catering!
Our bride also made sure she styled her day just perfectly, check out her decorative furniture business “Mooimaak”. Here is the story of the Van Rooyen wedding:
It was truly my happiest day of my life.… thus far! A massive thank you to my parents – Dad for paying for a dream of a wedding and mom for supplying me with style and taste :) I am so blessed with great family and friends that made our day WOW, THANK YOU.
And an endless thank you to GingerAle and a list of very important credits here below that made my vision came to live.
I’m looking forward to working with you all again in the near future in this wonderful and incredible creative industry.
The new Liza Van Rooyen
- Venue: Bordeaux Game Farm – louisebordeauxgamefarm.co.za
- Wedding Planner: MooiMaak – Bride’s own decorative furniture business, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catering: Bordeaux Game Farm
- Flowers: Absolute Perfection – email@example.com
- Stationary: Chrystalace – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bride’s Dress: Fritz Wilson – email@example.com
- Bridal accessories: Fritz Wilson and Bride’s own jewellery passed on from mother
- Bridesmaids dresses: Bridal Wardrobe
- Bridesmaid’s accessories: Forever New and Cara & Coco
- Groom’s outfit: Trenery
- Groom’s accessories: Trenery and JcClick online store
- Hair: Leone Barnard from Belle Moi Boutique Salon – 012 752 7811
- Makeup: Jolanda Bedeker – Jolanda@jbmakeup.co.za
- Décor: MooiMaak, Chrystalace and Bordeaux Game Farm
- DJ: Rowan Louw – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cake: Bordeaux Game Farm
- Live Entertainment: Jo Black – email@example.com and Roan Van As