When we got the email from the very talented photographer Kristi Agier about her sister’s wedding in Harare, we were already excited and holding thumbs to set of to beautiful Zim for this unusual and festive day!
Carly and Gus Light are two of the most genuine and easy going couples we have met and we love how they changed things up for their day. After their “First look” Carly and Gus spent some time with their bridal party followed by a late afternoon cocktail hour at the venue. As the sun was getting lower everyone gathered together at the ceremony area for their vows. This was then followed by some more cocktails and visiting, all to the beautiful beats of the drum band, who then lead the party down to their open air reception where the most incredible dishes were waiting for everyone. The rest of the evening was filled with laughter, more great food, ice cream, hugs and lots of dancing! A festival of Light :)
It was a weekend that we will not likely forget and not only did we get to be inspired by a wonderful couple, explore Harare and enjoy the break, but we got to make new friends in a warm and loving family.
- Venue: Portsalon Private Lodge (www.portsalon.co.zw)
- Catering: Wayne and Trish Napier (no webpage)
- Flowers: Hire Society (https://www.facebook.com/Hire-Society-514577681904726/)
- Bride’s Dress: Fiona Mauchaun Bridal Couture ( www.fionamauchan.com)
- Makeup: Kerryn Lane (https://www.facebook.com/Professional-Airbrushing-and-Make-Up-by-Kerryn-Lane-675809842530057/)
- Décor: Hire Society (as above)
- DJ: Mark van Deventer