The old school house at Montague Vale outside Parys looks small and alone, but this quaint little building caught the eyes of Gina and Tony, the two most loving and warm people, and became the perfect setting for their emotional and happy ceremony! With her shimmering green dress, fiery hair and loving nature, Gina made us all fall in love with her a little that day…
Of course we were also treated with the great company of a killer beauty team and incredible paper artwork that decorated the tables instead of flowers. We spent a day with two humble and gracious people and got to know a family who cannot love each other more…
A few words from the bride:
What an incredible day. We were truly blessed with our venue, the suppliers and all the help we received from our families and friends. The day was so special in so many ways, not in the least because we could share it with all our loved ones. Ilse and Sean captured the day so superbly and we were so grateful to have them with us to document our wedding.
- Venue: Montague Vale (now known as Klokfontein https://m.facebook.com/klokfontein/)
Absolutely special venue with incredible places to tie the knot, even just to spend a weekend. We were so privileged to be able to get married there.
- Catering: Country Ox (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Amanda
- Flowers: bouquet by Bunches at The Garden Shop, Rosebank
- Stationary: Paperless Post (www.paperlesspost.com )
- Bride’s Dress: Marti and Annamarie at Stylish Designs (http://www.stylishdesigns.co.za)
My dream dress from a picture of a Tory Burch gown brought to life by Marti and Annamarie. The incredible dressmaking team who made me look a million bucks. Who says a bride has to wear white? Thanks so much for bringing my dress to perfect life.
- Bridal accessories:
Birdcage veil – www.crownandglory.co.uk
Shoes: Blu Betty Pippa’s – www.blubetty.co.za
Engagement ring: made by my sister, Kate Kuhlmann
Necklace: my grandmother’s pearls
- Flowergirls dresses: Woolworths, H&M and Zara
- Bridesmaid’s accessories: Heart necklace – Lola and Cash (www.lolaandcash.com )
- Groom’s outfit: Tailor Me (www.tailorme.co.za )
- Groom’s accessories:
Shoes and belt – Tread and Miller (www.treadandmiller.co.za )
Bowtie and cuff links – Tailor Me
- Hair: Jody Momberg – The Salon at Watermeyer Centre ( https://www.facebook.com/jodythesalon/ )
What can I say about Jody except that he is such a brilliant stylist and a great person. Thank you so much for bringing out my fiery side with the beautiful colour and extensions. My hair set off my dress so beautifully.
- Makeup: Maureen Grobler ( www.thebeautybrand.co.za )
Maureen is a wonder worker. She made over my mother, mother-in-law and my MC along with myself for the wedding. Maureen is a pure artist and exudes the most wonderful calming influence whilst preparing you for your big day. So grateful to have had Maureen and Jody as my glam squad, what a team!
- Décor: Liz Lotz (www.bespokepaperworld.com
What a legend! Liz is such a talent and an incredible artist. A nicer person you could not wish to meet. Her paper decor was the talking point of the wedding and many a small aloe still grace my friend’s houses as decoration. Forever grateful.
Special thanks to:
All our suppliers (the biggest thanks ever). Our family and friends who joined us on the best day of our lives so far and to our family who helped with the setup and the breakdown and everything in between, the day would not have been half as special without all your help and encouragement.