“It is often said that it ‘takes a village to raise a child’ and I would have to echo this sentiment for the planning and running of a wedding too. It would be impossible for the bride and groom to be in more than one place at a time and so, it is your “village” who does the running around for you once you have handed it all over. Ryan and I could not have been happier with the outcome and are so thankful for the friends and family who loved us enough to do all of these things and so much more!” – Ali
It was our first time driving out to Silver Sixpense near Dullstroom. The sky was fresh and blue and we were holding thumbs for good weather for Alison and Ryan’s forest wedding the next day. It certainly did not disappoint and we spent a day with great people and with the most beautiful couple! Here is their forest wedding story!
- Venue: The Silver Sixpence, Dullstroom
- Wedding Planner: Lesley Drummond was a phenomenal help from the venue in addition to plans made by the Bride & Groom
- Catering: Bevvy Marais
- Flowers: The family farm (Gardenscapers Nursery) & loving help from Marita Taylor.
- Stationary: Self-made with help from bridesmaids. Special thanks to Ange Koekemoer for hand folding birds for each guest’s name place as well as for some to hang above the entrance to the forest where we had our ceremony.
- Bride’s Dress: Eurobride with Thuli’s help, care and giggles along the way
- Bridal accessories: Bride’s own; shoes from Unique Soles
- Bridesmaids dresses: Handmade with love by Janet Moodie
- Bridesmaid’s accessories: Their own; shoes from Woolies
- Groom’s outfit: Bought from Woolies & Waistcoat handmade by Janet Moodie & shoes from Unique Soles
- Groom’s accessories: Bowties handmade by Brothers and Sons
- Groom’s ring: Handmade by the incredible Vitri’s Manufacturing Jewellers
- Hair: Done by Pat Willows Munro
- Makeup: Done by my (Ally) beautiful sister, Karen Metsos
- Décor: Mostly self-made and organised by the Bride
- DJ: DJ Skinny – AKA Dean Farrand
- Cake: The amazing Michelle & Marita Taylor of Craving. We would recommend them without hesitation to anyone
- Other: Pastor: Chris Swanepoel. Thankful for his heart in wanting to honour God with the running of our ceremony
MC: Dean Farrand
Worship: Anneri Kriel (violin), Dean Farrand (guitar), Farrell West (vocals)