From the first day we met Juanita we could recognise a sophisticated strength within her. She carries herself with confidence and grace. On top of that her love for Jac is admirable and beautiful. They lift each other up and inspire one another. Jac is sweet and kind and when he looks at his bride, his face lights up. They dined in a green house under a thousand paper flowers, sat around a massive fire and danced into the night. We felt so privileged knowing that we have a part in the memory of their day and so enjoy the beauty that surrounds this loving couple.
Jac and Juanita, we pray that your love will grow stronger by the day and that you will keep inspiring others x
“Where to my love? To the stars”
Song by Andrew Gavin Williams, “The Great Escape”
Venue: Rosemary Hill
Wedding Planner: Juanita (de Groot) Botha
Catering: Rosemary Hill
Flowers: Tannie Lina, Oom Charles & Natalie Brummer
Stationary: Wynand Botha
Bride’s Dress: White Lilly Bridal
Bridal accessories: Lorean Jewellery
Groom’s outfit: Suite: C Squared, Shoes: Trenery, Belt: Country Road, Watch: Matt Arendt
Groom’s accessories: Batman Tie clip: Lorean Jewellery
Groomsmen accessories: custom-made, engraved leather ties by Theron & Theron designs
Hair: My sister: Lisé-Jean de Groot
Makeup: Marilyn du Preez of Lipstick sisters
Décor: Paper flowers laser cut by Iniek
DJ: Multi Music
Cake: Café Hemingway’s
Videographer: Henk Labuschagne: ImTheCarpenter
Special thanks to:
- Dear Rachelle Redelinghuys and her efficient team at Rosemary Hill
- The lovliest Jacelyn and her gifted team at White Lilly Bridal
- My diligent family: mother-in-law Hannalie, father-in-law Hoppie, my mother Patrys, sister Lise and husband Jac who folded, glued and curled 6000+ paper flowers for the Greenhouse. Another humble thank you to them as well as my gorgeous bridesmaids Judy-Ann, Natalie and Erica who also helped detangle and hang the strings.
- All our bridemaids and groomsmen who helped with the set-up on the morning of the wedding
- The ever creative Lorean who sat with me hours on end to make my wedding ring design come to life
- Roan-bok and his team for making sure that “if the rains in down in Africa” blessed us, that we don’t get (too) wet
- My sister who did four trials on my hair, sometimes stretching into the early hours of the morning, just to make sure that everything was (going to be) perfect on the day. She has the battle wounds (also known as curling iron burns) to prove it.
- The VERY patient Wynand who made time to move a word “a little to the left” or “a little to the right”, changed fonts, read through my stationary brief of 41 pages, gave me options on designs, dabbled in video editing especially for our Save The Date video, had all of our stationary printed to the letter and on top of everything served as the master of ceremony.
- Tannie Lina, Oom Charles, Natalie and Katinka who made the most beautiful and unique flower arrangements that I have ever seen. Tannie –vat-geen-nonsense- Lina who advised on flower selection, made sure the flowers stayed hydrated (on a day that proved to be hotter than what I’d imagine the inside of the volcano Orodruin, in Mordor would be) and delegated the whole production line of cleaning, cutting and placement of flowers. Oom Charles, Natalie and Katinka, thank you for the tenacious, positive energy you brought to the team. I am truly grateful.
- Gingerale Photography who are among the sweetest and relaxed people I’ve ever worked with. You two fit in like family at the wedding. Thank you for being the people who will drive all the way back from Sasolburg just to bring back my car keys that fell out of my handbag and into your car. We would choose you over and over again.
- Last but not least to the best person I know, my husband Jac. My partner, friend and lover. Thank you for dreaming with me. Our journey awaits. “Where to my love? To the stars”.